It's funny that when you are working you think about how nice it would be to sleep in, stay at home and do whatever you want all day. But when this becomes the reality, it isn't as fun as you imagined it.
You feel very depressed about being unemployed and also feel ashamed of your circumstances even though you know it's not your fault.
There may be many reasons for you being unemployed. In India, getting a job is not that easy especially for a recent graduate. Every employer I speak with asks me If I have a Masters degree preferably an MBA. Sadly, MBA in India is highly over-rated.
In today's time of cut-throat competition, writing the entrance exam and getting into one of the top B-schools is one of the most daunting tasks. The pressure from your Parents, relatives, friends and acquaintances about your jobless status can be really stressful and embarrassing too. Don't let yourself down. Be confident. Self confidence is believing in yourself; to believe you are able to accomplish what you set out to do, to overcome obstacles and challenges – it is also knowing you can trust, rely and depend on yourself. That’s why, what matters most, is not letting yourself down.
But hey, there are so many useful, worthwhile things you can do while you’re looking for a job! Here it is! Cheer up, Smile and go on...read it!
- Start a Blog - Share your thoughts!
- Join an NGO - Volunteer, there’s so much good you can do!
- Of course, Spend time looking for a job!
- Read books - Expand your knowledge!
- Exercise - Hit the gym! - You don’t want to become lazy and chubby as well as unemployed, do you? Yikes!
- Learn a new language - ❝To have another language is to possess a second soul.❞
- Learn Cooking - Call yourself a Chef!
- Keep a Garden - Gardening can be relaxing!
- Learn the Dance - Move your body!
- Run a Marathon - enhance your life!
- Last but not the least, SMILE - Look beautiful! :)
So folks, stop worrying, be confident and follow your heart! To make a fresh start, you don't have to wait for sunrise! :)